Tuesday 18 October 2011

Day 7: Half Way Mark

I'm half way done!

There have definitely been frustrating moments. Like, discovering canned food contained plastic when it was 7 pm at night and I was hungry.  Or last weekend when I decided to get a few cans of beer for a party and completely forgot about the six-pack plastic rings that accompany them. And I kind of miss cheese.

And then there have been triumphs, like cooking food from scratch and having it taste pretty good. I'm still amazed at how great those granola bars taste. They haven't lost their chewiness yet!

Goals for the next half:
- find plastic free moisturizer or even make my own
- find a plastic free deodorant
- laundry time is coming up, so I want a plastic-free alternative to my plastic packed liquid detergent

I think that is a decent list considering it is the last week of classes and I have final assignments/tests everyday of the week!

Oh! A video worth checking out. It is a hilarious 4 minute mockumentary called The Majestic Plastic Bag. It's written and executed like a nature show documentary.

"It is now nightfall, and our highly advanced night-vision cameras  have managed to capture for the first time in history, a plastic bag in pitch black. [pause] Phenomenal." 

2 comments:

  1. Half way there! I've already been introduced to many plastic alternatives thanks to your blog already! Looking forward to the next week too! Also, very funny video great view into the plastic bags epic journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on halfway! And thanks for all the tips...especially agree with you about paper bags for bulk bins. Some of our stores do paper, but most do plastic.

    We use these bags for our lunches: http://simplypractical.etsy.com No plastic and definitely reusable. Well, actually, I guess there is plastic in the velcro closure, now that I think about it. But they're still better than plastic bags. Good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete