Thursday 13 October 2011

Day 2: Thank You, Kivela Bakery!

Finding plastic free alternatives for basic items has been the starting point in this challenge. And bread is definitely a basic in my life! I have always tried to support local businesses, but out of bad time management and laziness on my part, I usually end up at a big department store where all the bread is wrapped in plastic. I found that many local bakeries also wrap their bread in plastic.

Then Kivela Bakery comes to my rescue!


I went to the bakery earlier today and got a loaf of locally made sourdough bread that was not packaged in plastic upon request. 






While purchasing my $2 loaf of bread, the owner Michael (pictured above on the right) informed me that the bakery has been around since 1910, and supplies bread to The Hoito.

I have to say - the bread is delicious! And plastic free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment